Vegan Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large white potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium-large head of cauliflower, broken into bite sized pieces
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour or corn starch
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- nutritional yeast for garnish (optional)
In a heavy pot over medium-low heat add diced onions and minced garlic to avocado oil. Gently stir fry until onion clarifies and garlic sizzles (but not crispy). (That is why I use medium-low heat)
Add the broth and the rest of the vegetables and simmer over low heat until the potato and cauliflower are soft.
Dissolve tapioca flower into cashew milk and add it to the cooked vegetable mixture, stirring constantly.
Using an immersible hand blender, blend mixture until smooth and thickened. Alternatively, this can be blended in a regular blender and returned to the pot to complete the cooking process.
Garnish each serving with a teaspoon of seasonal yeast and salt and pepper to taste. Served with crusty bread and a small side salad for a complete, belly-warming meal!