Renee’s Vegan Cauliflower Tacos
Renee is on our Purchasing Team here at SPUD HQ. These are her meal addition to our Monthly Easy Weekday Meals, and she’s obsessed with them! Under 30 minutes, minimal ingredients and loaded with cauliflower, this dish is the epitome of an easy healthy dinner. Try it out yourself!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into bite-sizes pieces (smaller pieces roast more quickly!)
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) avocado/olive/coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic (12 g), skin on
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 cloves raw garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced (~3 Tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (more for spicier sauce)
- 12-15 corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- Grated cabbage
Note: the first 6 ingredients are for the cauliflower. The remaining are for the sauce.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add cauliflower to a baking sheet and coat with oil, cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt. Toss to combine, and roast on the bottom rack for 20-25 minutes. Remove when golden brown/tender.
2) On another baking sheet, add almonds and the unpeeled garlic cloves. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until almonds have started to brown and garlic is golden. Remove from oven.
3) When the cauliflower is done, add the drained, fire-roasted tomatoes to a blender with almonds, roasted peeled garlic, raw garlic (peeled), oil, lime juice, paprika, cumin, salt, maple syrup, and chipotle peppers.
4) Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavour as needed.
5) To serve, warm tortillas in the microwave or directly on the oven racks. Add a hefty spoonful of the romesco sauce and a generous portion of cauliflower. Add grated cabbage and squeeze lime wedges on top. Enjoy!