Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped into small pieces
- 2 large carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- 1 lb chicken alternative
- 1/2 cup noodles (I like brown rice penne)
- 6 - 8 cups good quality vegetable broth
- chopped parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a heavy pot add chopped vegetables to oil and gently stir-fry over medium heat until mushrooms are softened and onions have clarified.
Add veggie broth, noodles and chopped chickenless strips. Simmer for 20 minutes or until noodles are at a consistency you prefer. Garnish with chopped parsley and salt & pepper.
I made a big pot of this for lunch then left it in the pot in the fridge to have more of the same for dinner. The noodles had fattened up considerably and it was even better at suppertime!