Vegan Split Pea Soup
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 Tb Avocado oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 ½ cups dried green or yellow split peas
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package of Yves Veggie Ham, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Put oil in a heavy large pot over medium-high heat, add onion, celery and carrots. Sauté until onions clarify and the vegetables begin to soften.
2. Add peas, vegetable broth and diced ham and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover pot and simmer soup until peas soft, stirring often, for about 1 ½ hours.
3. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Season to taste. Enjoy!
Tip: top with croutons or crackers for extra crunch!