Vegan Mushroom Pate
Loaded with walnuts and mushrooms, this delicious plant-based recipe is perfect for a potluck or to add to a charcuterie board.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- ¼ cup white wine
1) Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté until onions start to brown - approx. 7 minutes.
2) Add mushroom, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for about 18-20 minutes until all liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
3) Add wine and turn up the heat to medium. Cook for another 8-10 minutes until the liquid evaporates again.
4) Transfer mushroom mixture to a food processor. Add walnuts and another tbsp of olive oil. Blend for about 30 seconds until smooth.
5) Transfer to a serving bowl. Let the mixture chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving. Enjoy!