Grilled Tofu and Mushrooms
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 lb. firm tofu
- 1/2 c. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- A generous pinch of chili powder
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 c. warm water
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 lg. onion, coarsely chopped
1)Combine almond butter, water, tamari, sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili.
2)Add the onion, refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
3)Prepare the skewers and heat the grill.
4)Thread the tofu, mushrooms, and bell pepper on the skewers, alternating to combine the flavours. Brush the skewers with the almond sauce.
5)Grill over high heat, turning the skewers and basting often, until the mushrooms are cooked through and the tofu is lightly charred (about 10 minutes).