Apple Cranberry Oat Pancakes
A hearty oat pancake juicy apple and tart dried cranberries.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- ½ cup oat flour (blend rolled oats)
- ½ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ grated apple (Granny Smith is great!)
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup almond milk (or other plant milk)
Makes 5-6 pancakes
1. Blend rolled oats into a flour in a food processor or blender.
2. Mix almond milk, orange zest, grated apple, maple syrup and cranberries in a bowl. (Break up or cut cranberries if they are stuck together/large)
3. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients as you mix. (Because of the oats this will make a thicker batter. Add more almond milk if necessary)
5. Heat a lightly greased non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
6. Add approx. ¼ cup of batter into the pan to form a circle. Spread if necessary.
7. When the sides of the pancake are cooked and the bottom is golden, slide a large spatula under the pancake and flip to cook on the other side.
8. Cook until both sides are golden. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
9. Serve with coconut whip, maple syrup, and a dash of cinnamon. (Or whatever else you want!)