Healthy Breakfast Cookies
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup garbanzo flour*
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- ¾ cup nut butter (we like almond or cashew)
- ½ cup cup grated zucchini
- 1 extra ripe mashed banana (about ½ cup)**
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*We used Bob’s Red Mill Garbanzo and Fava Flour. Other legume flours would likely work, but we haven’t tested them.
**You want your banana to be extra ripe so that starch content is reduced and the sugars are more developed, providing a natural sweetness! (A perfect place to use imperfect bananas!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
3. Start pouring the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to combine.
4. Let the mixture sit for a couple minutes. The texture of your batter should be sticky, but still able to hold a shape.
5. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, shape 8 cookies into disks (about ½ - ¾ inch thickness). Use wet hands, as the batter is sticky. Cookies will maintain a pretty consistent shape when baking, so make sure they are in the shape you desire before baking. (Optional: add a few nuts or seeds onto the tops of the cookies before baking for extra crunch)
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes on the top rack of your oven.
7. Remove cookies and let them cool.
Store in an airtight container, or keep for longer in the freezer!