Coffee Nice Cream
Nice cream, or vegan ice cream, is typically made by blending frozen bananas until thick and creamy (try imperfect bananas - they're ripe and ideal for freezing!). It often requires few ingredients, is incredibly simple, and takes no time at all! Sounds pretty darn nice to me.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 frozen bananas (cut into slices before freezing)
- ½ cup strong coffee (chilled)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: ¼ cup coconut cream
- Optional: handful chocolate chips (mix in after blending)
1) Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a blender and blend well. If you have a Vitamix, use a tamper to ensure proper blending. If you don’t have a Vitamix, use a food processor. Either way, a power blender will work, but if it’s too thick, add 1 tbsp of almond or coconut milk. This makes it creamier and easier to blend.
Note: If add too much milk, simply pop your nice cream in the freezer post-blending for 30 minutes. The consistency should be ideal.
2) Serve in your favourite bowl or cone. Feel free to top with chocolate chips, berries, vegan cookie dough, or even chopped up healthy chocolate peanut butter cups. Enjoy!