How to Cook Fiddleheads
Fiddleheads have a super short season, so when they're available you have to jump on it! This preparation really lets the springy flavour shine. Fiddleheads can make you sick if not properly cooked, so make sure you don't skimp on the cooking time.
1. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil
2. Clean and trim fiddleheads
3. Add fiddleheads to the pot and return to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes
4. Add olive and garlic to a pan over medium heat and cook til the garlic becomes fragrant
5. Drain the fiddleheads and add them to the pan with the oil and garlic.
6. Sautee, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste
8. Serve over toast, pasta, as a side dish, or on their own!