Asparagus with Lemony Orzo
Showcase delicious spring asparagus in this simple yet flavourful recipe!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 cups broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
1. In a bowl, whisk together lemon zest, juice, garlic, salt, and pepper until it emulsifies. Set aside.
2. Trim the woody ends from the asparagus stalks. Place the stalks in a pot of salted, boiling water and cook for about 5 min (or until tender). Drain, cut into 2-inch pieces, and set aside to cool.
3. Bring broth and water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt, turmeric, and orzo. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Drain orzo and place in a large bowl. Add the asparagus, parsley, mint leaves, and dressing.
5. Toss well and serve!