Vegan Chocolate Cake with Zucchini
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2/3 Cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 Cup white sugar
- 1 Cup grated zucchini
- 2 Tsp baking soda
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Cup warm fair trade coffee
- 3 1/4 Cups white flour
- 1 Cup Cocoa Camino cocoa powder
1) Preheat oven to 325 F. Peel and grate zucchini.
2) Mix sugar, cocoa and oil. Add zucchini, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir. Add vinegar, coffee and flour (sifted) and stir well.
3) Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan and bake at 325 for approx. 35 mins, or until you can do a clean knife test (i.e. stick a knife into the center of the cake without uncooked batter sticking to it).
4) Let cool before removing from pans. Serve with chocolate icing, or decorate with fresh seasonal fruit (mandarins work well in winter, berries in summer).