Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 c brown rice
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green onion, sliced in 1
- 1/2 c cilantro, coarsely chopped
1)In a large sauce pan, melt oil over medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
2)Add rice; stir to coat grains with oil. Add coconut milk, 2 c water, dash of curry. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir, reduce heat and simmer covered, for 20 minutes until rice is done.
3)Prepare mango, red pepper and onion. Place into a large bowl with lime juice. When rice is ready, stir into mango mixture. 4)Cover and let stand 5 minutes to warm up mango. Garnish with cilantro.