A nice light dip or addition to a Mexican dish, Salsa Verde is pretty simple to make. You pretty much just cook the tomatillos and blend everything into a salsa. This is an easy starter recipe, many people like to add their own twists for extra flair. Enjoy!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 pound fresh tomatillos
- 1/4 cup onion or 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 or 2 hot peppers
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler. Remove the papery husks covering the tomatillos. Wash and halve tomatillos, halve and stem pepper(s).
- Place peppers and tomatillos skin-side up on broiler pan and broil 4 inches from heat for 5-7 minutes or until skin is charred.
- Once cooled, transfer all ingredients except salt to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped & mixed. Season with salt and refrigerate until ready to use.