Fresh Baked Apple Pancake
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 2/3 cup flour
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1) Toss apples with lemon juice, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
2) Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 10 inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
3) Add apples and cook just until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer apples and any liquid to a bowl and set aside. Wash the skillet.
4) Heat cleaned skillet in oven for 5 minutes. Combine milk, eggs, flour, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, salt and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
5) Remove skillet from oven. Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet over medium heat. Swirl the butter to coat the sides and bottom. Pour batter into skillet. Spoon apple mixture evenly into the skillet.
6) Bake pancake until puffed and golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.