Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 3½ - 4 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 - 4 medium-large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-oz can (796-ml) diced tomatoes (see note)
- 1/2 cup red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 dried bay leaves
1)Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). In a large, deep casserole dish, combine all the ingredients except the bay leaves. Stir through until well combined, then embed the bay leaves in the mixture.
2)Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Stir through, cover, and bake for another 35-45 minutes, until the onions are tender and translucent (stir through again once or twice through baking).
3)Remove bay leaves and serve.