Mark’s Pesto Pasta with Crimini Mushrooms
Meet Mark, our Online Acquisition Specialist. Criminis are Mark’s #1 veggie, so this mushroom pasta is his go-to healthy dinner. This dish is loaded with sauteed mushrooms, rich pesto, and topped with a little bit of parmesan--so it’s pretty darn tasty. His only concern with the meal is that his “roommate Jason always hogs the cheese”. Classic Jason.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2-3 tbsp pesto
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- ¼ cup grated or shaved Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Salt + freshly ground black pepper
1) Bring large pot with salt and oil to a boil.
2) While heating up, start the veggies. Heat a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Once butter has melted, add the mushrooms. Cook for about 7 mins, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Cook pasta in water until al dente (about 7 minutes). Leave a ¼ cup of the pasta water aside before draining (this is important! It retains the flavour). After draining, add pasta to the mushroom pan. Add the pasta water, pesto and cheese. Stir until combined. Re-season if necessary. Serve warm.
*note: feel free to add chickpea pasta to make it gluten-free.