Pumpkin Eggnog Bread Pudding
Long a winter tradition, Bread Pudding is a dessert associated with warmth countering the cold. Soft and moist inside with a crispy top, the traditional version is boosted here with the winter favorites of Eggnog and sweet pumpkin.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 8 cups cubed French Bread or white baguette
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree or cooked fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups high-quality eggnog
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum
if using pumpkin pie mix, rather than plain pumpkin puree or fresh cooked pumpkin, reduce the amount of nutmeg to 1/4 tsp. For a fresh pumpkin choice, Sugar Pie Pumpkins are the best for this dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except bread and butter, mixing well.
- In a large bowl, drizzle bread with butter and pour liquid over bread, then let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer bread mixture to a 7x11 or 9 inch oven-safe pan. Bake for about 45 minutes, until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. If you are using 6 individual sized baking dishes, bake for 35 minutes (or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean).
- Serve with your favourite tangy compote or ice cream.
- This recipe is also great with a few pecans and/or apple slices baked inside or on top .
- Try topping with a caramel or butterscotch sauce