Vegan Mushroom Rolls
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 lb mushrooms diced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 package vegan puff pastry
- cashew milk (for brushing)
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat oil in pan. Fry onion, garlic and celery for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast to the pan, and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Add soy sauce and Spread Em and cook for a further minute before removing pan from heat.
5. Sprinkle flour onto work surface and roll out pastry into 2 rectangles (each approx. 4” x 12”) Cut each rectangle in half again to be 4” x 6” and trim edges with a knife for straight sides.
6. Spoon mushroom mixture into one half of the first pastry rectangle, leaving a small gap from the side and bottom edges.
7. Brush a little cashew milk along the edges.
8. Fold the top half of the pastry over to meet the other side and press down along the edges with your fingers.
9. Press down with a fork along the side and bottom edges. Using a knife, create 3 small incisions in each roll.
10. Repeat steps 6 to 9 for the rest of the pastry rectangles.
11. Brush the top of the rolls with cashew milk and bake in oven for 20 minutes.