Lemon Polenta Cake
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 7/8 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup fine sugar
- 2 cups almond flour (or leftover almond pulp from homemade almond milk)
- 3/4 polenta or fine cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 cup fine sugar for syrup
- Slices of lemons and oranges to layer on the cake (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a springform pan with parchment paper on the bottom, and grease the sides with butter.
2. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until the mixture is nicely whipped.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour, polenta, and baking powder, and slowly whisk 1/3 of the dried ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture.
4. Continuously beating, add in 1 egg, then alternate with the remaining dried ingredients and eggs.
5. Beat in lemon zest until it is evenly distributed before pouring the mixture into the springform pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. The cake will not be as sturdy as a regular cake, and this is normal, as long as a toothpick or tester comes out cleanish.
7. In a saucepan, boil lemon juice and fine sugar until dissolved.
8. Poke a few holes from the top of the polenta cake and drizzle on the syrup, allowing some to seep into the cake through the holes.
9. Allow the cake to cool before taking it out of the pan, and serve! As a decorative option, layer on slices of lemons and oranges to cover the entire top of surface of the cake.