Feta & Basil Eggplant Rolls
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- coconut oil for brushing eggplant
- 1 lb firm eggplant, in 1/4 inch
- 3 oz feta, crumbled (about 1/2 c)
- 1/3 c whole-milk ricotta
- 1/8 c fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1/2 diced roasted red peppers
- 1 bunch spinach, trim stems but keep leaves whole
1)Preheat broiler. Arrange eggplant on an oiled baking sheet in one layer. Brush eggplant with oil and season with salt. Broil, turning after about 5 minutes until golden, on both sides. Transfer to a platter in single layer to cool.
2)With a fork mash together feta, ricotta, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Cut peppers lengthwise into pieces about same width as eggplant slices.
3)Top eggplant slices with pepper pieces, arranging them in one layer. Put 1 tablespoon cheese mixture near narrow end of each slice. Gently press 4 or 5 spinach leaves so that they stick out on both sides.
4)Beginning with cheese end, roll up each slice to enclose cheese mixture and leaves. Serve at room temperature.