Fish Tacos with Avocado & Cabbage
Grilled for extra healthy goodness, these tacos are an excellent treat for lovers of Mexican food.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2-3 white fish fillets portions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (2 + 1 tbsp more)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 limes
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4 tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- sour cream
- Mix garlic, 2 tbsp melted oil, spices and juice from one lime. Let fish marinate in it for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine the cabbage, green onion and cilantro, and squeeze a lime half over it. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine into cabbage slaw.
- Grill fish at about 450-500 degrees for 4-5 minutes on each side, until flaky throughout. Remove from grill and portion into bite sized pieces or simply flake the flesh.
- Lay tortillas out and spread a little of the salsa on the bottom of each. Divide fish to each of the tortillas and top with vegetables and slaw. Scoop a little sour cream over each tortilla and serve with a bit of lime for garnish.